Saturday, November 13, 2010

Suddenly, pictures! Lots and lots of pictures.

Tony's best friend, Enrique, works at a gold mine about 5 hours into Nevada, in a teeny town called Round Mountain.  Really, there's nothing there at all.  As you can imagine, it gets pretty lonely out in the middle of nowhere, so we went to visit him last weekend. 

Tony and Enrique are all into guns right now, and on a previous trip they discovered this mining settlement that had been abandoned for one reason or another which also serves as the perfect place to unload a lot of ammo.  So we went shooting.

This is Enrique and me.  Enrique is an incredible shot and shamed us horribly.  I wasn't too bad with this one gun, for some reason.


Here's a righteous photo of the boys.  Note Tony's security with his manliness in wielding that adorable little gun.


I love the kid.


The dogs came too.  The cute little one is Lily, Enrique's pitbull puppy.  The black one is our baby, Maya.



It was a little chilly, so I spent part of the day huddled in the truck, knitting.  Cause I'm just cool, you know?



The location was completely rad .  It reminded me of Fallout: New Vegas, for those of you who know what I'm talking about.  While the guys were setting up targets I wandered around and took some photos.  I really wanted to capture the sun-bleached, atmospheric desert quality that I felt there, so I tried to let tons of light into the lens and get all the desaturated deserty colors I was loving so much.  (The minty sage green and ultra pale yellows and browns are my color combo crush right now.)






You can see the whole set at my Flickr account.  I'm pleased with how they turned out.  It was refreshing to just let loose with the camera and snap to my heart's content.

Peace out e'rybody.  I made vanilla pudding from scratch tonight and there's no way I'm going to let it just sit in the fridge for later.  Night!
kayla

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos! And the pupppppppies, haha! Sounds like a fun time! I've never shot anything other than a pellet gun! :)

    ReplyDelete