Monday, April 2, 2012

38 WEEKS


Today I have the energy level of a potted plant. 

There really isn't much of anything new to report.  Except lots of really sharp crampy pains at my thigh/hip ligament region.  I have no idea if that's normal or not.  According to the midwife my belly grows about an inch a week, but I haven't noticed getting any bigger.  Last night I woke up 3 times to pee which may have been a personal record. 

Also last night I spent the night at my mom's house, because we had a bit of a drainage problem with our plumbing, so we had to snake our pipes and then pour some vicious chemicals down the drains.  I don't think I've ever panicked so much as when I noticed our bathtub filling up with nasty black water when I ran the washing machine.

Also this morning we had an exterminator drop by to spray for ants and spiders, because our house was built in the mid-1940s and is apparently a really cool place to hang out in the bug world.  Last summer we had an infuriating ant problem in our kitchen, a repeat of which I've been dreading all year.  Especially with a baby coming, you know?  Hordes of ants is the last thing I want to deal with, so of course the first place they pop up this year?  In the baby's room.  Like, all over his crib and junk. 

Seriously, who do those ants think they are? 

So, with hope, the extermination will work and I won't have to wake up to a baby covered in bugs.

Little Girl and I had lunch with Tony today, and then we went fun shopping because I heard about this Almost Lipstick stuff by Clinique.  Have you heard of it?






It's sheer and lightweight, which is perfect for me because I hate wearing lipstick but I've been wanting some color.  I got it in Tender Honey, but I think I might go back for Black Honey someday for when I want to look even fancier.

Also, earrings.


Way too dangly for working with a 1-year-old, but sometimes you just need really glamorous earrings, you know?  Plus they were on sale.  So, that.

Anyway, I hope you are all having a lovely Spring day and that your pipes are flowing smoothly.

2 comments:

  1. Woman, you are tiny. I mean, I'm sure you don't feel tiny, but compared to how I look at the end of my pregnancies, you are positively petite. Love it.
    Hey, Banbury Cross donuts. Me. You. Soon. Get ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh! What bad timing for the drains to act up & for the ants! Hope everything gets better soon!!

    ReplyDelete