Sunday, August 26, 2012

I'm a quarter!

People, I turned 25 last week.  I say it with drama, but really it didn't feel like such a big deal to me.  When I turned 24 all I could think about was how in one more year I'd be 25 and blah blah blah, I know we all know how we feel when our birthdays take us by surprise.

I think something about having James around distracts me from dwelling on me getting older, because I'm so much more concerned with how fast he is growing.

I had a quiet little birthday.  My mom took me and the kiddos out to lunch, to a cute little cafe where I had a sandwich that included melted brie.  So good.  And then, being the sweet mommy she is who knows exactly what I like, she made me a pear-almond upside-down cake and brought dinner for me and Tony.

James had hungry eyes for the cake, and now I'm excited for his first birthday.


Tony's gift to me was a couple of Disney movies to expand our collection (The Lion King, and Lady & the Tramp) which was perfect really, because these days I'm all about hoarding the happiness for my family, and what is happier than Disney movies when you're a kid?  Can't wait to share with James some of my favorites.  (Star Wars is on Christmas, fyi.)

I birthday'd to myself this shirt from Threadless, and a haircut which I haven't photographed yet.


I know, it's mirrored, I'm sorry.

August is the month of birthdays in my family.  My dad, my mom, my sister, 4 or 5 of my nieces/nephews, and myself.  It was also in August that I learned I was pregnant, one year ago.  I love August.

So, the wonderful thing about blogging - and, more pointedly, the wonderful thing about people who dedicatedly blog - is that there are all these stories you get to experience vicariously through other people.  For those of you who are more social in the real world than I am, this is maybe old news.  But to me it's still exciting.  One of the bloggers who's blog I love living through is Ashley Ann.  I've linked to her before and I will likely link to her a hundred times, because she is so inspiring and positive and down to earth - like someone you could really be friends with.  Her current adventure is particularly exciting: she's in China, getting ready to bring home her adopted daughter.  EXCITING.  I highly suggest visiting her blog, Under the Sycamore, if you want to experience the adventure with her.

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! I just turned 24 and felt the same way...all I could think about is in one year I'll be 25. Weird. I also love Ashley's blog...I'm so excited to meet her new baby when she posts about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday!!!! that shirt is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete