Saturday, October 23, 2010

WHO NEEDS IT

So, I've decided to write a blog post.  I don't know yet if it'll be the big humongous catch-up post I've been needing to write, but we'll see.  The day is still (quite) young.

My mind's all full of this and that and the what-not.  I'm exhausted, but once I laid down to bed I found that sleep (oh, that tantalizing mistress) wasn't interested in me.  I knew this because Maya (the dog) was snoring a snore that sounded like phlegm was actually alive and thriving inside her nasal cavities in like little phlegmy towns and communities, bustling and talking to eachother with their gurgly, gasping voices.  The other reason I knew sleep wouldn't come is because my finger (this one, right here) was twitching.  A lot.  And it was so very annoying. 

So I got up.  And I played video games. 

And I rocked.  At.  Video.  Games.

A moment for twitching phalanges and muscles.  I've had a lot of those lately.  I recently went through a solid week of a different muscle in my face twitching each day.  Is that normal?  It didn't feel normal.  I'm ginormously positive it didn't look normal.  Then I guess I calmed down or something cause they went away, until tonight with the finger.  For Pete's sake, how annoying are muscle twitches!  Is there a witch doctor for that?  Give me her number.

(NO TIME FOR A SEGUE WAY SO JUST GO WITH IT)

Are you interested in seeing the mix I made for that swap thing?  Joke's on you cause you don't have a choice.  Here it is!

1. Sea of Love - Cat Power
2. Fools Rush In -  Lick The Tins
3. Give Me One Reason - Tracy Chapman
4. Steal My Kisses - Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals
5. Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window? - Jimi Hendrix
6. Love You Madly - Cake
7. Bad Romance -  Lady Gaga
8. Love Fool - The Cardigans
9. Beauty *2 - Ladytron
10. All You Want - Dido
11. Lost Cause - Beck
12. I Don't Love You - My Chemical Romance
13. Too Pieces - Yaz
14. Better Days - Josh Joplin

My plan was to create a fictional love story with the songs, using the idea that love is most commonly very stormy to tie in with the theme (radical love storm.)  That's been my experience, anyway.  Love tastes so good when you first bite into it, you practically fall head-first into it's deliciousness.  Sometimes not able to tell if it's a good one or not.  And things can change drastically.  Go back and read your journal entries from high school if you've forgotten what it's like. 

I ended the mix on a happy note, as though the fictional characters made up and things worked out in the end.  ("Better Days" is a happy song, and has personal meaning for me.)  You'd probably have to listen to the whole thing to know what I'm talking about.

BY THE WAY, I've yet to receive a cd from my partner.  I'm lookin' at you, Kreutz.


Guys, I'm going to bed now.  This is way too long.  Send me some good vibes, okay?

4 comments:

  1. Oh the joys of snoring dogs and twitching muscles... Right? ...err right? Anyway... I love most of the songs on your mix-disc, but there are a few I don't know. I'll definitely have to look them up. Maybe I'll post mine too, however, I'm currently on the east coast far from my copy... Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *good vibes good vibes good vibes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice playlist. i posted mine, too, but i have yet to share what i received from natalie. it's pretty aweseom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha okay as I opened this post up I was sitting the exact same way you are in your photo! Too funny.

    Bummer about not being able to sleep... I totally feel ya... been taking sleeping pills for three years. Ugh. Not good.

    Sending you good vibes!

    ReplyDelete