Friday, April 29, 2011

This is ranunculous.

I'm feeling bored today.  But bored in the sense that I want to do something.  I think Maya is too, because wherever I went in the house she managed to be sitting directly in front of my feet, so close to me that when she looked up she had to lean backwards.  And she had that expectant look on her face, you know how dogs do.  So I let her outside and stood on the deck and watched as she ran for about 20 minutes without stopping.  The sun was shining.  And then it started to snow.  INSULTINGLY.

I'm not doctor (aren't I?) but I just diagnosed us with Spring Fever.  Or maybe Cabin Fever.  I'm not sure if there's a difference.  It's probably for the best that I'm not a doctor.

My brain wants to do things but my body doesn't.  I was thinking I might want to crochet, but my fingers are feeling rather more atrophied than not today, so then I thought I might want to put on some music and clean the house, but...well, the mountains are looking very mountainous today, aren't they?  Full of rock, and hillside.  So you can see how my thinking is going these days.

I'm interested in flowers lately.  I like how when you go outside you smell not only just air, but also other things, things that seem pleasant and warm and colorful, and it takes you a moment to remember that flowers have a smell and that yes, you like flowers.  So I put them in my house.


Today would seem like a good day to wander a place where there are flowers you can buy and then plant in your yard.  They have stores like that, right?  Flower stores?  Do they ship?  Actually it seems like some sort of crime to me to have to buy flowers, so if anyone knows of a place I can go to just get flowers, would you please let me know?  If anyone has a rosebush they don't want anymore, I'll come with a shovel.

No comments:

Post a Comment