Monday, January 23, 2012

7 MONTHS



28 weeks - 7 months - pregnant today.  

(Actually, I don't know why I count on Mondays because my due date is a Saturday.)  (But honestly, I don't put a lot of stock in the actual due date.  Cause who really knows, you know.)

We had your second ultrasound today, and while we were able to confirm your boyness pretty thoroughly, you were a shy guy and hid your face.  With all of your limbs, at the same time.  You had your butt by my hips and your head in my ribs, with your hands holding onto your feet and your feet up by your forehead.  Like, I don't even know how you did that.  But it was adorable and we laughed through almost the whole appointment.  And then the technician showed us your feet and said it looks like you have high arches, which made us laugh more because I'm really sorry you have my feet.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see your little face.

I was thinking today, as the little girl I nanny for had to be content with me while her daddy was pretending to be busy but was really just busy not spending time with her, that I don't ever want to do that to you.  I want you to be absolutely sure that we are a family - you, your dad, and I, plus whoever comes next - and we are most important to each other. 

2 1/2 more months!  Holy crap!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man. Oh man. You're so pregnant.

    I want to hang out before you have the baby, and then after. So I can see the difference xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooooo look at you!! :) I can't wait for you to have your cute lil' babe. :)

    this was a sweet post!

    ReplyDelete