Friday, January 13, 2012

The first step is the hardest

Man, what an inspirational title.

But it's true.  These days, now that I have a computer again and want to get back in the game, I almost panic when I think about writing a blog post.  I think it's stage fright.  Doubts fill my mind, I'm pretty sure I have nothing to say, all the things I do want to say are posts that require more effort than I'm willing to commit to putting forth at the moment.  Or I want to include pictures, but getting pictures from the camera to the laptop is a bit kerjugglish at the moment.  Mostly though I just want everyone to think I'm super cool and I don't want to write a post if I know I'm not going to be able to pull it off, which, as I'm learning, is how I feel almost every time the thought "write a blog post" crosses my mind.  Being honest is super cool, right?  Right, guys?

Anyway, this is not meant to be this kind of post.  It is meant to be a "just friggin' write something" post to get past this stage fright business.  Because I'm learning that that's what I want blogging to be to me; a writing outlet.  And I want to be super cool too.

So in prep for this baby to move in with us in a few months, we've been painting the walls in his room.  Have I told you how ugly the walls in our house are currently painted?  I know I have, but it bears repeating.  Cause they are ugly.  And every wall and every ceiling until we painted the bathroom were the exact same color.



That picture is from before we moved in.  Please don't be fooled - it's a really ugly color in person, especially when the sun isn't shining gloriously.

Anyway, so, we've been painting.  The colors I chose for baby's walls are white and dark grey.  DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK.  I know that sounds bland, but the plans I have beyond the wall color are glorious, and I'll prove it to you.  Eventually.  (You can check out my inspiration Pinterest board I've been curating, though, for a very general idea.  Click here.)  The point is, I just got done putting the first coat of grey on the last wall and my heart is about to burst because I think it looks so good.  This is one of those times when I really want to show you the picture I just took but I'm too lazy to hassle with it right now.  Sorry, I guess.  (Lazy.)

I don't know if this is a nesting thing or not, but all I can think of is home improvement and decorating crap.  I don't think I've ever been this motivated to get junk done before in my life.  Painting has taken all week because I've only got time to do one coat every day after work, and my pregnantly-aggravated back feels like absolute murder when I'm done with one coat but I still can't wait to get home so I can do it.  I just want it done.  I want things to finally look good.

Speaking of which, how cute is this painted rug project?  It's next on my list.


Tutorial found here.

I might want to do one in a pale, faded orange for the kid's room.  I have plans to make that project it's own post when I do it, so we can talk about how surprised I am that I want to own chevron anything then.

So...yeah.  Loveyoubye.

No comments:

Post a Comment