Secondly, one of my favorite blogs I follow is written in French. I don't have any idea what any of it says, but I think it's a design blog and really, how many of those can you have before throwing up? (Answer: I don't know, but I haven't gotten there yet.) But it has the prettiest pictures. It is here.
If you must know, I was asked to speak in church on Sunday, and I am in the process of procrastinating preparing for it. Do you know I haven't spoken in church since highschool? And that the last time I spoke in front of anybody at church I almost fainted? So in the midst of my procrastination, I am trying to change my perspective. I am trying to turn my fear and apprehension of talking in front of a congregation into glee at the realization that a room full of people are obligated to listen to me for at least 10 minutes, and I can tell them any dang thing I want. Would it be inappropriate to just quote Saturday Night Live skits the whole time?
I want you all to know that I made a really good mix cd the other day. For springtime. It's probably my favorite so far, because I've been listening to it on hard repeat in my car for days. If I could burn you all a copy and send it to you I would, but you'll just have to be content with the playlist:
- Rolling In The Deep - Adele
- Shadow Stabbing - Cake
- Garden Grove - Sublime
- Promises - Eric Clapton
- Silver Stallion - Cat Power
- I'm Not Calling You a Liar - Florence & the Machine
- Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window? - Jimi Hendrix
- Redundant - Green Day
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
- Love or Prison - Blonde Redhead
- Her Morning Elegance - Oren Lavie
- Cold Shoulder - Adele
- By The Way - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Dog Days Are Over - Florence & the Machine
- Ain't No Rest For the Wicked - Cage the Elephant
Feel free to make your own, cause you know it's good listening.
Okay, time to get down to business.