Saturday, September 1, 2012

James at 3 1/2 months

Okay, so this will be photo-heavy.

I know I haven't been sharing them here, but since James was born I've been doing little mini monthly photo shoots to track his growth through his first year.  I plan on making seperate posts for months 1 and 2 in a bit, but here at least are his 3 months.  Well, 3 and a half months, because I'm a slacker and got to them late.  He turned 4 months on August 18th and I still haven't taken those pictures.  Slacker!

And just as a note, I am obviously not anywhere close to a professional photographer, but I've always been interested in photography and we have a pretty nice DSLR.  I've been using these shoots as an opportunity to try and teach myself how to use the camera better.  All the pictures are taken using manual settings. 

This first picture is the only one from the whole shoot where he was smiling (also it's way too dark and slightly out of focus).  He wasn't grumpy, he was just more interested in sucking on his hands than smiling for the camera.  Whenever I put the camera down he'd give me a big grin.



Out of focus.  It seemed to be in focus on the camera's tiny screen, darnitall.





Armpit chub!





This picture makes me laugh out loud.  He looks so hard core with his baby gang sign.



Since I got his feet in frame, I wish I had just shifted to the left a bit and got his knee in there too.









And in case anyone is interested, no, I definitely don't remember what my camera settings were for each shot.

I know I have a lot to learn still, but I feel like I'm improving.  I know there are a billion websites I could go to that have tutorials and junk like that, but I think I'll learn better if I take my time and slowly figure it all out on my own.  At least for a while.

1 comment:

  1. He is such a handsome baby. Love that fingers in the mouth smile! I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesnt know how to use their dslr. lol

    ReplyDelete