Monday, August 2, 2010

Monday Confessions

Taken with Lympie.



One pair of contacts lasts me probably around 3 months.  Yes, I know it's bad for my eyes.

I rarely find the time for breakfast.

I know the tops of my kitchen cabinets are dusty and gross, but I really don't want to clean them.

I call myself a fantasy nerd, but I've never read Lord of the Rings.

A few weeks ago I stopped to check out a street craft fair in my city, and almost immediately got back in my car and left because I was too shy to talk to anyone.

I desperately want to make stuff and sell it on Etsy or elsewhere, but the one thing that stops me - even above not really having a product yet - is not being able to decide on a name for the shop.

  I worry constantly, and have to forcibly stop myself from daydreaming terrible things.

When I clean the lint trap in the dryer, I blow  the leftover lint dust on top of the dryer into the crack between it and the wall.  My mother would kill me.

My senior year of highschool I once skipped an entire day of school to stay home and play Knights of the Old Republic in my underwear.

I often wear the same shirt several days in a row.

I can't stand to not have my toenails painted.

I love being married, but sometimes I feel like I want to leave this sleepover and go back home.  But I don't feel that way for long, because I really do love being married.

When I was little and went on camping trips with my dad - mostly to places like Moab or Zions National park - I would pretend I was an indian girl and lead my dad to all kinds of magical places.

I'm extremely sentimental.  When my first car finally died and we had to surrender it to the junk yard, I cried.  I still have dreams about that car.  I also save every letter or card I get, and refuse to throw out the giant teddy bear Tony got me when we were dating, even though it takes up millions of space.

I made whipped cream by hand because goshdarnit if women before could do it without electric mixers, I can too.

Everything in my house would be homemade if I knew how.

I am heavily influenced by my environment.  If I'm around loud people, I want to be loud.  If I'm around quiet people, I want to be quiet.  If I hung around gangsters I'd probably want to join a gang.

The first CD I ever bought was "Pieces of You" by Jewel.

I've never stayed at a job longer than 1 year.

I have a shower routine that was planned, practiced, reworked, fine-tuned, and is under constant scrutiny by myself, no matter how it shames the free-spirit in me to say it.


Taken from Rachel's blog.  Join in!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I think I would be afraid of what my confessions would be! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these confessions were awesome. i totally relate. so happy to see you commented on my blog. comments are like Christmas. so glad to hear you are loving married life! we really should get together sometime. not just saying that. keep posting. i was totally entertained

    ReplyDelete