Saturday, August 28, 2010

My Stories + The Music

Summertime hasn't meant a ton of TV for us - except for, you know, the Travel channel, the Discovery channel, and the History channel (which we've come to refer to as the "Aliens" channel, because that seems to be the explanation for most everything lately.)  With our favorite network shows all wrapped up for the summer, we watch more things like Pawn Stars, Mythbusters, and Man Vs. Food.  Which are all well and good shows, and we love them, but we've both found ourselves saying several times over the summer how we miss Bones, and we sigh with nostalgia whenever we listen to the Glee soundtracks on Tony's iPod or catch ourselves quoting the effortlessly-quotable Dan Stark.  "Que pasa your nombre, hombre?!"

Today, however, whilst eating my PB&J on the couch, I saw the commercials I love, that give me butterflies in my stomach.  The shows are returning.  You know; the good ones.

I hate to sound like such a TV junkie, but I really can't wait for Glee, House, Bones, and The Good Guys.  It actually might be one of my favorite parts about the non-Summer months (or, as I like to refer to them, the Dark Months.)

(In truth, I'm kinda looking forward to Autumn.  I'll miss the happy summertime, but gold-and-red leaves and crisp sweater-weather are looking pretty good too.)

In other news, and while we're (sort of) on the topic of the Deschanels, I went with a friend last night to one of the free annual Summer concerts in my city where we saw She & Him.


I don't know much of their music, but I think Zooey is adorable and it was good fun to see her bouncing around on stage.  The music was good too.  It had been a while since I've gone to a concert, one where I let myself really enjoy it.  I elbowed my way into the crowd, pressed on all sides by perfect strangers, and felt the energy.  It's time like those that I'm grateful to be alone while the boy is off playing.  I got to do exactly what I wanted, stay out as late as I liked (which turns out to be no later than 11) and not worry about what someone else wanted to do.
Not that I'm not dying for him to come back.

Do you like going to shows?  And are you also completely jealous of Zooey's adorable style?

love,
kayla

1 comment:

  1. Yes and YES!

    I am looking forward to autumn too. There is something so wonderful about Jack-o-Lanterns, Thanksgiving plans, the leaves turning, and pumpkin lattes. My favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete