Sunday, September 26, 2010

5 things I'm grateful for Sunday


So, it's been a week or so since I've done this.  It feels like forever.  Here are 5 things I'm grateful for this Sunday:

1. Sisterhood and friendship.  I had the opportunity to attend the General Relief Society Meeting for my church with several women from my ward, and it was precisely what I needed.  I felt so uplifted and strengthened by the messages shared, and I came home feeling warm and happy from the time spent hanging out with the girls.  I would like to give them a big THANK YOU for inviting me and making me feel so welcome.


2. Good days.  Because they are so precious.

3. Other people's talents.  I am so grateful for other people who share their talented selves with the world.  Often it's scary to put yourself out there and do what you do, but I for one feel extremely blessed whenever I encounter someone sharing their gift.  Thank you, all you people.

4. My mom.  For showing up unexpectedly yesterday to help me do my dishes, even though I'd already done them.  I got to see my mom for a bit, plus she brought me bagels.  Moms are fantastic.

5. My husband.  Always.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight I watched my sweet neighbor's two daughters for a few hours, and we sat on the floor in the craft room (studio takes too much effort tonight) making bracelets and drawing pictures and embroidering on paper.  It was loads of fun and it brought back a lot of my favorite memories of doing the same with my cousin and my friends when we were little.  There's nothing like girlhood to make the world seem bright and happy. :)

I hope everyone had a good weekend, and don't forget to sign up for the Mixdisc Swap if you haven't already!  (And don't forget to e-mail me your mailing address too.)  Already some new faces have showed up because of it and that makes me so happy!  If you're on the fence about participating I hope you'll decide in favor of, because I think it will be fun.  If you have any fears or reservations, I hope you'll push them aside because we're all friendly people.

Night!
kayla

3 comments:

  1. Yay for girlhood and womanhood!

    I love that photo, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rs meeting was amazing. Watching it on the screen was pretty powerful, but I think being there adds a little something. When you're there you are in the same building, the same (enormous) room as our prophet. phew! I hope to attend a session of conference soon, but it will have to wait until I no longer have a baby who thinks he needs to nurse constantly ;)
    Anywho. Yes. Goodness. And you? Awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this is a great list. Number 3 especially!

    I'm glad you had such a good time crafting with them! Sounds like such a fun night.

    ReplyDelete