Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Exciting Mixdisc Swap!

Alright folks, here's all the info for this very exciting mixdisc swap we'll be having. 

Q:  What the frig is a mixdisc?
A: Like a mixtape, but in CD format.  Because I don't know about you, but I am not one of those cool people who still makes mixtapes (or even knows how.) 

The Rules:

  1. Your mix must be of a decent length.  I won't give you an exact number, but keep it somewhere around 12-15 tracks long.
  2. You may choose any genre or mix of genres you like.
  3. You may include no more than 2 songs of the same artist.
  4. You must follow the theme.  However, how you interpret the theme is entirely up to you.  It may be literal, abstracted, or you could even make your mix an antonym of the theme.  Woah!
  5. Your mix must be titled.  Write it on the cd.  You can make it cute if you want, but you don't have to.  I would encourage you to have fun with the title though.
  6. You must include a playlist with your cd.  We don't want to make our partners play the guessing game (or the Google the lyrics game.)  You don't have to include cover art, fancy or not, but...why wouldn't you want to?
  7. You have exactly two weeks from the official beginning of the swap (see below) to finish and send off your mix.  
Alright, so them's the guidelines.  Now to how this will work.

The comments section of this post will be the official sign-up sheet.  Comment with your name to show your interest.  And, you know, be excited about it.  I'm thinking multiple exclamation points.  !!  You have until Monday, September 27th 12:00 am Mountain Time to sign up, in case you don't check your internets on the weekend. 

That means Tuesday, September 28th is the official start time of the swap, and Tuesday, October 12th is the official deadline. 

Once you've signed up, e-mail me your name and mailing address at ultra_lazer4@hotmail.com.  I'll randomly pair us all up and then send your info to your partner (and vice versa.) 

The theme for this swap is: Radical Love Storm.

Any questions?  Things I forgot?  Let me know.  Otherwise, get signed up and start mixing.

love,
kayla 

5 comments:

  1. I'm in. It's been awhile since I've made anyone a mixdisc, and frankly, if you can get some people to do this (good luck), It'll be a fantastic idea.

    Hello. My name is James.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duh, just saw this. I'm up for it!

    ReplyDelete