Thursday, September 2, 2010

Beautiful Embroidery

Just a quickie today - I just wanted to share this truly beautiful bit of embroidery by Checkout Girl.


Isn't it gorgeous?  I so want to try the doodle-and-then-just-stitch technique.  (I tend to gravitate towards the more "free spirit" way of doing things.) 

Things on my "Doing and To-Do" list:

- friendship-style necklaces (to gift or to sell, I can't decide.  I also still can't decide on a shop name! Urg!)
-  ventures into rag rug making.  So much more enjoyable than I thought it would be!
- enjoying my family being back home with me
- keeping the house in (relative) order
- hopefully attending a cul-de-sac-of-duplexes barbecue!  I'm actually really excited about this, because I know like 20% of my neighbors.  I am terrible.

I hope you are all having a wonderful week, and I think I speak for everyone when I say YAY TOMORROW'S FRIDAY!

love,
kayla

1 comment:

  1. Ooh how pretty! I really need to start embroidering. I even bought a bunch of floss! I have all of these ideas of what I want to do, I just haven't started it yet. Ahh. I don't know what I'm waiting for! Haha.

    Rag rug making sounds cool! Share! Haha. I hope you had a good time at the BBQ. :)

    ReplyDelete